Tuesday, December 9, 2008

(16,1) BEH Entry #8: Real life Re; Run

7:00pm- I got out of work, this time I was lucky enough to have a hat, I still was cold. Even though I had accommodated for the weather, the weather got colder.

7:30- A toaster is a good way to make a warm sandwich. While the bread was toasting I held a plate with the cheese in and meat above it, I found that this warmed my hands more then it heated the food, which was all the more reason to do it. If you stare intently at a toaster, the bread popping will jump you like a jack in the box.

8:00- E-mail, Instant Message, Facebook... time flies when you submit yourself to the internet.

9:39- At about nine o'clock the internet lost its appeal, but the warmth had just returned to my bones, and I knew how cold it was out there. I bundled up, for the first ten minutes I stay fairly warm. Then the cold started to set into my fingers and toes. If I did not know any better I would say it was mid January already.

10:00- I played "The Patriot", more because I wanted to have something going that would be less likely to draw my attention, but I also wanted something to break up the monotonous rhythm of memorizing words for a lab test. Four more days and I am free from school for a few short weeks.

12:10am- I know that when 8am is on the other side of sleep, I want to get to bed around 12. I shut everything off and hit the pillow.

Battle Stats-

1) My life at the least, falls into a rhythm and it is hard to interject new things into the rhythm.
2) I am not sure what is better, a toaster or a toaster oven; sure the oven makes great sandwiches, but it won't jump you as the bread pops up.
3) I am beginning to believe that the saying "I would rather the cold to the hot, in the cold I can put more on, the heat I can only take so much off." is something that people say to deny that they are really cold, and it sucks.
4) One discussion on Instant Massager, led me to thinking that I need to start forming the writing group I want. I figure four people, meeting once a week for at least two hours a session. I already call it 'The Writer's Collective' Certain appeal to an official name.
5) Nine to five, is not my ideal life style, and I have a distaste for deadlines. I guess the trick is to have it all done before you plan to start.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

You always hit my soft deadlines and then some!