Monday, December 8, 2008

(16.1) BEH Entry #7: Yeah,yeah. Tomorrow.

A day full of the moving of frozen Dihydrogen Monoxide and fifteen minutes of the song that never ends.

8:02pm- I was in the mood for raspberry ginger ale. I grabbed the usual Adirondack, and then walked by a display of the Schweppes Raspberry Ginger Ale! Well I am one for trying new things, and I just had to know if it was better then the Adirondack; I grabbed the Schweppes, also. I got to the line and there in front of me, was a women and her son buying 9 boxes of thirty pounds of butter. I had gone to school with the womens daughter; amazingly when you are a deli sales associate you learn who everyone parents are. I commented on the butter 'What are you guys making the largest slip and slide?' Unfortunately for me they were not in fact making a large slip and slide, the butter was for the food pantry. One of my old cross country buddies was the bagger and he thought it was a good joke, and that the butter would make a good slip and slide. I traded pleasantries with the women on how her daughter was doing.

20:18:01- I chit chatted with the front end and then headed home. The Schweppes tasted more like raspberry, hit the tongue softer and did not have the same initial after taste, the jury is still out. I only had my work hat, and the wind blew straight into my face. I started to pull forth lyrics of songs to make the walk more enjoyable. Which resulted in my having no idea if it was snowing when I got home.

8:40- I laid down on my couch and my back started to melt into the cushion. I discussed trip plans with some friends, I go to Portland on Sunday. By the time I had discussed all that I needed my body no longer wanted to move, it had relaxed just fine.

9:36- What is it that makes a dog take five times longer to go, when the cold air is cutting through your clothes? I know that factually no additional time was taken on the walk, but the second I decided that I was going to wait for him to go and then return, it seemed like he was going to take his time and survey the options available to him.

10:00- I threw my Chinese leftovers and a dish of fried scallops into a bowl, either I was exceedingly hungry or sweet and sour fried scallops is delicious. I grabbed two of the couch cushions and doubled them up to make the couch more comfortable, my lounge is more inviting then my room. I put in 'The Patriot' with Mel Gibson. The onset of my father's favorite line 'I am a parent, I do not have any principals,' the movie drew me in and I watched intently. I started to watch for the details of the story, and the camera angles. When the leader if the British troops said 'The Hierarchy of the new world will be land owners,I realized how different America would be today if they had won the war. Many freedoms may have never been gained. Rights of Africans and women may never have come about. The rich, the working class, the slaves. This nation became a strong and powerful nation based on its views of equality, but now that white Americans are a minority it seems that most references toward equality were for white upperclassmen. I do not believe that the dream was to advance whites, I think it was meant to house everyone. But because the population of the government officials were white males, it started to slip away and become less clear.

12:10am- I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

Battle Stats-
1) I love Raspberry Ginger Ale.
2) Nostalgia feel weird in the bottom of my stomach.
3) I am a know commodity, people know my first name.
4) If I have to choose between gloves or hat, I choose hat.
5) Tension and Relaxation of the back muscles while reading a book, lessen the sore back from shoveling snow.
6) I can play through every one of my movies just by looking at the title, and I have over a hundred of them.
7) If you focus on something it takes longer than it would if you focus on something else. e.g. the walk home in the cold, and the dog going to the bathroom.
8) America is a great nation that is falling to Greed.
9) I never want to go muzzle to muzzle with the red coats in an open field.

3 comments:

johngoldfine said...

I like the battle stats very much, all but one which seems to me to be more a tired cliche than a fresh insight. You know which, right?

nkassigned08 said...

8

nkassigned08 said...

yeah, I know, but it is a lesson i want to learn. I despise hypocrites so if I prove to myself that I do not like it, then I will stop making it something that I do.