Friday, December 5, 2008

(16.1) BEH Entry #4: Health and Leisure

6:45pm- My class got out and I headed home. The walk like the rest of the day, led me to believe that I was coming down with or had a cold. My sinuses felt weird and I was drowsy. Any way you slice it I was overdrawn.

7:12- After some convincing, my mother and I went to the store. I needed to get my schedule and the refrigerator was pretty bare. I talked to a follow deli associate, who was on a smoke break, gaining myself a possible hour and a half more to today's shift. Other then the common place groceries I got a two liter of Adirondack Raspberry Ginger Ale. As the evening hours tolled on it was becoming clear that an early night was coming and ginger ale was going to be a useful tool in the middle of the night. When I have a cold I will roll over in my sleep and my throat will be so dry I wake up, ginger ale seems to work the best at soothing my throat.

8:20- I put Spiderman 3 in and surfed the internet. I would turn to watch some of my favored scenes, but otherwise I was buried in the superficial world that is the internet.

9:16- I got up and took the dog for his walk, I felt horrid. Something about telling myself that I am going to lay down until I am better and then getting up to walk the dog, just makes me feel down and out. One person in my town knows a car that is the same as the one in the beginning of the game Need for Speed 2. I was watching it to see if it was going to stop at one of the local 'shops'. I think that owner thought I was impressed that they had the car, they spun it around in the church parking lot. I knew they were just showing off so I payed no mind, I have a strong dislike for people that have nothing better to do then prove they are cool because they wasted money on a stupid car.

Sometime after 10- While watching the movie from my couch I feel asleep, the rest of my evening belonged to dreams and raspberry ginger ale.

Lessons learned in the battle of the evening-
1) When your starting to get sick, be sick. I feel great now that I got a more then full nights sleep.
2) Grocery shopping with your mother is still embarrassing, but if you make the best of it, it works out fine.
3) I need to do something about my couch because I woke up a few times in back pain or when one of my arms fell asleep.
4) Adirondack, is Adirondack not A-ron-dack, some how I never noticed the di before.
5) From the movie that I barely watched, I understood some of my struggles with relationships. Timing plays a large roll. Keeping alert to the situation is good. And resolve things when you can, with the other person, but for the most part you need to have a solution for yourself.

3 comments:

johngoldfine said...

"Adirondack, is Adirondack not A-ron-dack, some how I never noticed the di before."

Just the kind of thing people delirous with fever always notice! Their minds are tethered to very small areas they graze intensively.

When I had my tonsils out, back when your grandparents were kids, ginger ale was the thing on the ward for sore throats. Why we then felt it was okay to taunt fellow patient Gail as "Gail Gail Ginger Ale" I don't recall.

nkassigned08 said...

You were alive 100 years ago!!! My father is 67 and his father died when he was five, he was in his late fifties. I am the youngest of five and my father was the youngest of five.

johngoldfine said...

Truly, I was alive one hundred (100) years ago and drinking ginger ale. 1908 is as yesterday to me! Never forget, I am an English teacher and all English teachers tell the truth....