Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The walk in.

Soon after I left the house I felt warm inside, at first I thought it was a by product of enjoying my 21st birthday yesterday. It was not until I was in the parking lot of the school; that I realized that I was happy, not reacting to the fallout of a few drinks.

I went through the first portion of my online classes assignments. The second I found that I was going to be working with a blog for the class I was excited. I rely on feedback to grow personally and through no fault of anyones really the blog that I have been keeping this summer does not get that many hits and when it does no one really responds or they do and a few days later I log on and see they made a farewell blog or even worse I log on and there is no sign of any activity for weeks.

My cousin will tell you that I analyze everything and for the most part come up with reasonable assessments of personal character and on my favored occasion I will come up with something that I can use to fuel working on myself.

For those that have not figured out what, other then coming out of my first legal hang over, was the cause of my warm feeling; I enjoy learning, so I was a little excited to get back in the thick of it. Another week or so of work and classes will wear on me, but I am going to enjoy my excitement today.


This also may be the only time that the chosen name will come up. This blog is a class assignment, and I felt it fitting to allow any readers to know that it may one day be sweep to the side for other assignments (bigger and better things sounded to cliche, though I do hope it is the case.) So I apologize in advance if I just vanish from the recently posted log.


-NK

4 comments:

johngoldfine said...

Hey nick.a--let me guide you to be free of that word verification feature, which drives me nuts.

More housekeeping: this is the first journal entry, right, not the writer's autobio assignment, first person? Not sure--so labeling now will save you a world of grief later when you're trying to figure out what you have and haven't done.

I like 'The walk in'; I like 'The chopping block.' I like the despair of the blogger who gets bland, generic, farewell, or no response. Writing is a performance art and needs an audience, no matter how many people say, "I just write for my own personal satisfaction/to blow off steam/because I love words/ etfc."

Anyway, for what it's worth, you have me for 16 weeks. Knock yourself out.

nkassigned08 said...

This is my first journal entry, I saw the journal entry part first. The Blog Three shades of me is the autobio.

nkassigned08 said...

having a well trained pair of eyes is astounding. From what I have seen so far (this weeks assignments, my other classes course load, another name proof reading and editing, and the three hour math class I had today.)

This looks like the most enjoyable class I will have this semester.

johngoldfine said...

Hope it works for you--we aim to please.