Saturday, August 30, 2008

Journal Entry #6: The White within the Blue

Today not too long into my shift at the deli a young women walked up. My job and my personality have lead me to almost always looking people in the eyes. I asked her if there was something that I could get and she started to say something and stopped, her eyes started to look around at everything. This gave me a minute or so to find the small circle of white in her eyes. Something about the way the blue hit the white reminded me of the sky.

After I handed her the turkey she had selected she apologized for being new to the area. The only response I could give was "well do come back." The red tape of work and my normal nervousness mesh to make wondrous comments, that can only be classified as the politically correct way to hit on someone.

-NK

4 comments:

johngoldfine said...

One day many years ago a woman, not my student, came into my classroom looking for someone. I walked her out to the hall to direct her and she burst into tears. After we talked for a second and I ascertained she was not a student or the parent of a student, well...heck, I got her phone number!

nkassigned08 said...

Yeah, I hope she comes back. She is new to the area and I have two decades of experience in this town.

Biologically speaking we would have a good combination of genes. I have dark brown hair, hazel to brown eyes and a broader figure. As far as I can tell she has light blond hair, blue eyes and a slim figure. If she has A+ Blood with an O- parent and smells sweet even drenched in sweat I own it to genetics alone to procreate.

If you think that it odd for me to think that, know that I am very odd because I had it all figured out within an hour of waiting on her. That is why I typed it up, it seemed necessary to note.

johngoldfine said...

Slow and easy wins the race, nick a. If you lay the blood types on her next time she wants an Italian, she may decide to go vegan....

nkassigned08 said...

Most stuff I only talk about if it comes up on its own. Though I do tend to have a lot of information and personal insight on things. But if she comes back I think I will settle with offering to show her around town.