Thursday, August 28, 2008

Re- Three Shades of Me: The Author Within.

I love to write things that are believable. I like to take the mundane and make it extraordinary, which I normally can easily do, so long as I neglect to state how many times the action is done. I enjoy giving advice, in a way that people are more likely to listen to and gain from it. I have found that the best way to help someone to gain from advice is to remove all the things that make them think about themselves. I will take the message that I want to give and place it to the best of my ability on a universal scale. I analyze things around me for research. I tend to write in a way that shows my bias toward my distaste in hypocrisy and ignorance. I am ready to pour out words when ever a pen hits paper or when the key lay under my fingers. I prefer the pen and paper approach; I find the scribbling and adding of new thoughts aesthetically pleasing. I get mad at my limited spelling ability and my slow reading pace.

You can sit down anywhere and the words will flow from your pen until it runs dry. You will feverishly try to get a new pen to continue your thought where you left off. You have been know to press down hard on the page with an empty pen so that the idea does not get lost just because you were out of ink. You will say random things all the time. You seem thrilled to listen to others responses to questions like 'what would you do if you had 360 billion dollars.' You pour out all you have onto the page trying to free yourself of your burdens and help you and others build strong senses of self. You get loud when telling a story, you write as fast as you can and the words come out choppy because you skipped whole chunks. You hate going back to look at your work, but you love to develop your skills in writing. You love to hear that you thoughts and efforts went to a good cause. You prefer to write with spoken words, the fact that you can say the same basic message a different way and achieve the same goal with different people makes you want to talk things out more then write a general overview.

He sits at a bench and writes on his knee. He stands in line at the store and listens to the conversation in front of him. He loves to say what is sitting on his mind. He blurts out things to break the ice. He uses his words to help people see things that they do not normally look at. he says things that make him credible to the person and he then uses his credibility to tell the person who they are and how they can change. He takes everything and writes out in hope to stop the cycles he sees everyday. He loves the things his gift can do, but hates living the life that it demands. He writes realistic fiction to convey a message, he writes fiction to relax, he writes his thoughts to understand them, the writes his conclusions to set goals for himself and open the minds of his readers. He tries to be an influential character, he will help a friend at the cost of the friendship. He will relish in the advancement of the person and he will cry at the loss of a good friend. He will open up to let others know they are not the only ones. He takes the time to find the good in the bad. He tries to validate his actions with words, but sometimes never believes them. He understands the risks and continues, because he believes that if on person is help it is worth more then the sacrifice to make it happen.

-NK

4 comments:

johngoldfine said...

I enjoy the patterning: starting every darn sentence (I think) with the assigned pronoun. Strong repetition is the sign of a strong piece--only silly teachers will tell you you MUST vary sentence structure. It all depends. So I like that very direct approach here.

One of these jumps out particularly--you've got a 1/3 chance in guessing what teacher is thinking. Tell me which one you like best, and I'll return the favor.

nkassigned08 said...

Personally I liked the third person, for whatever reason when I placed me as someone I was referring to I could talk more openly about myself. My bias on the third one, clouds my judgment. So I will just have to wait for your response to know yours.

johngoldfine said...

I agree. Third person--did you write it last? Sometimes momentum builds, juices flow, ideas multiply and the last item is the kickass one. To me, it seems to have the best rhythm--hammer blow sentences, fast and sharp, especially at the beginning of the graf.

nkassigned08 said...

I wrote the first draft linear, then went back to shape it up. The first and second needed a fair bit to make them hold their own. The third one was mostly done when it got typed.