Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Three Shades of Me.

The analyzing my advice giving. (my opinion 1st, 2nd and 3rd)

When it comes to talking to other people I like to make and assessment of another person. With my assessment I try to work out my clarity of who they are. I look at there physical stature, there expressed emotions, I try to clarify what they are saying with there responses and I try to compare there responses with: the information I know on the subject, things I have seen before from this person, what I do in the situation, what I wish I had done, what I may do and what I think would be helpful for that person, based on trail and error with them and others before them. I try to let people know where I am coming from (things I have done things I have seen), I retell stories and events, I try to make up applicable hypothetical situations. I try to soften the harshness either by thinking it out or explaining it out.

You sit there, your mind is wrapped around thoughts. Sometimes you take minutes to respond, other times you instantly respond and it takes you many minutes to explain out what you blurted out. You like to allow people to make there own decisions, without leaving them feeling like you did not answer their questions. You fight with yourself to come up with the words that will make the most sense. You hope and pray that you have not somehow created a situation that you cannot handle, but you strive to feel like your experience is useful and will help them empower their lives.

He looks into his friends eyes. He then looks as though he has gone blank. Sometimes his first words sound illogical, but he finds a way to drawn out what he means, by explaining his reasoning. Sometimes he looks upset, other times he looks thrilled. His words are quick and disclaimers and reasoning outnumber the actual amount of the advice he gives.

-NK

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Yeah, but....I'm more looking for the writer-in-you's autobiography.