Thursday, August 28, 2008

Journal Entry #3: Two weeks early.

In the summer of 2005 I started to live by one of the creeds of Lead American's Law and Trail Advocacy team. It goes as follows: "If you are early, you are on time. If you are on time, you are late. If you are late, you are unacceptable."

Today I left the house at one, for my class that starts at four on Thursdays. I stopped at the small town convenience store to order a sandwich and get a drink. When I got to the Education Center I walked up and asked what room my class would be in. The two women gave me an odd set of looks, then they reviewed a chart of classes and rooms. "Yes we do have it, but it also starts the week of the eighth."

So the fabric of my well planned day of reading and going to class was thrown out the window. Somewhere in my memorizing of my schedule I neglected to notice or memorize the date my class started. Needless to say I was too early, I had a good laugh over my misunderstanding of the class scheduling.

Now for a day of lounging around the house.

-NK

2 comments:

johngoldfine said...

That's pretty much the Marine philosophy of punctuality, right?

As I read it, you were right on time, being early and all....

nkassigned08 said...

Yes and were I to be able to stay there, I would have used the full two weeks to prepare for the class, but alas the world does not run on my schedule, I have to run on its.

As for it being the Marine philosophy, I am not really sure. It was just something said to people that showed up a minute before the session started.