Friday, August 29, 2008

Journal Entry #4: A Cup too Much

This morning as I woke up, the first thing that I noticed was that the room was not coming into focus nearly as fast as it normally does. Then the thought 'oh shit I sent a text didn't I' literally echoed around in my head. I withdrew my phone which was still in my pocket. There was a response to my text. Though it had a angry feel to it, I was happy to actually get a response. I replied apologizing that I sent them a text at 1:44am, at the time it felt necessary.

I got up and went into the bathroom, where I noticed dry blood on my hand. When I act against my nerves and do something anyway, I get nose bleeds. It took a little bit before I remembered and then I laughed at my self, because I had said 'Yeah, you know the greatest thing about this nose bleed, I am going to wake up then be all freaked out when I see the blood on my hand.

Last night my friend and I hung out for the last time before he goes off to college. It was the first time that he had seen me since my birthday... so, one way or another I drank about 300 ml of Wild Turkey Bourbon Whiskey. In my 'heightened' sense of being, I thought it would be a good idea to send a text to someone that had not responded to my last few text messages. About half way through the first word a drop of blood welled up on the end of my nose. I wanted to finish the message so I just put my hand under my nose. When I finished and sent the message I cleaned the bulk of the blood off my hand and told my friend that it was going to be interesting when I find the dry blood and bloody tissues the next morning.

-NK

4 comments:

johngoldfine said...

Well, y'know, they say cellphones are gonna rot your brain with cancer--and it sounds as if yours is starting to dribble out your nostrils, but, no doubt, a small price to pay for being able to stay in touch at 1:44 am.

nkassigned08 said...

If I could travel to early American, right after the revolutionary war. I would, because at that point in time everyone that you wanted to be in contact with lived in the same house. And my passion for walking would not be questioned.

johngoldfine said...

I find that as most of my other athletic interests fall by the wayside due to encroaching old age, walking at least still remains.

nkassigned08 said...

I don't know if it is the fact that my father was a postman for two decades, but walking seems to be in my blood.