Monday, September 15, 2008

(W4) Simon Part One.

The Dorm that I went to had pool table and in my free time I enjoyed playing a game or two of pool. One of the friends I made at the pool table was Simon, an African American in his thirties. He had a crude sense of humor but otherwise very down to Earth. Before every meal he would sit in silence and pray. One day he asked if I had any plans for the rest of weekend, I was free. He said he was going to visit family members forty minutes out and wanted company for the ride.

I agreed to go, he was always talking but the couple that he wanted to go see. His family members were a white man and women in their late fifties and from what I saw they were a very solid family. The house was nice, it had two kitchens and small collectibles. The living room had a long couch and a love seat, a long bench along one wall that had two computers, a coffee table and a t.v. The couple had two small black dogs with saggy ears, one had no eyes do to a surgery.

We watched the Da Vinci code, in the morning we had a hot meal, we held hands and prayed, Simon showed me a shack that he put on top of the hill in their back yard. Framed and floored with wood and sided with a mix of wood, plastic and metal panels.

2 comments:

johngoldfine said...

Let me deal with all three as a unit, rather than comment piecemeal.

nkassigned08 said...

sure just comment on the last one.