Saturday, September 6, 2008

Journal Entry #9: Tears of Joy

Today my family gathered for my brother's wedding. Between my brother's friends and family and his now wife's friends and family there were over forty people to witness the wedding. The ceremony itself was beautiful, from the line 'If anyone has anything to say about the join of these two can shut up and deal with it' to the kiss the ceremony was less then ten minutes.

The one thing that hits home for me where two tears. The first I saw on my brothers cheek when his bride said her vows. The second tear was just as wondrous, it was welled up on the bottom of my father's bifocals. I have seen tears from both of them before, but this was the first time I had seen a tear because they were happy. Words cannot come close to capturing how I feel having seen tears of joy from the two men in my family.

-NK

2 comments:

johngoldfine said...

Well, nk, ypu usually describe dealing with or not dealing with less-pleasant emotions so this ties in with one of your major themes and yet rings a nice change.

Glad to keep reading it but for course purposes no more need to keep journaling.

nkassigned08 said...

Just keeping to my word.Theme week two response:
'I am going to mark theme assignments W2. I may keep my journal time and events willing. I may have a few ways of going at this next piece, so bare with revisions and new posts. (Forewarning: I am going to get as much as possible from the class.)'

I am used to blogging everyday and my current schedule is allowing it. So if you want to just scan for the week makers( W2, W3, W4,...)you can, I am just trying to get a feel for me and my writing style.