Saturday, September 27, 2008

Journal Entry #11: Uh, mmmh, Oh!

Two days ago while I was enthralled in my normal laptop session, a girl that I used to hangout with in high school came on. Currently she is in a relationship with some guy. Well, I was a little inebriated, so I was open with my thoughts.

Me: Well had you not been dating someone I would have asked you out on a date.
Her: And we probably would have gone a couple of dates, I do not know how serous it would have gotten because of our busy schedules.
Me: Well I guess I should have asked you out freshmen year.
Her: Seriously, I wanted you to ask me out freshmen year, but you never did.

Well lesson learned, I am a dumb ass. But since I read that I have felt different, I missed an opportunity because I failed to act, not because it did not exist. My whole mindset one certain things was just way off base.

Yesterday at work I was not compelled to discuss everything, I did not take anything personally. I did not feel anxious, I did not feel overwhelmed.

Just one more thing that proves the power of words. Those fourteen words placed the way they are made me feel human and alive. Those fourteen words have changed how I interact with people almost all together. Those fourteen words bathed me with warmth and light.


Here's to the next journey that comes my way,

-NK

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Henry Adams said that here on earth all we can ever hope to know of heaven is three short syllables from the eternal feminine.

14 words, same idea.