Monday, January 12, 2009

First Day of Classes Fall '09

Thus far I have found that I may have a solid time for a writing group that I want to start with two of my friends, I have made two people upset, and they walked out of the building and I have found that I know half the class, either because of other classes or because I live in a small community.

Three of us, two friends and myself, are forming a Writers' Collective. One of the friends is my cousin and the other is a mutual long time friend of both of us. Really we are all comfortable enough to show our works to one another and accept the criticism given. I still think that the fine details will take some working. I am thrilled, for the most part because I have a hard time working for myself, but if my pride is at stake because I said I would do something for someone else, nothing can hold me back. I also think that this will be a jump start to our writing careers and a strengthening of our already strong friendships.

As for the two people that got upset and left the building, the class that I have at six tonight was originally scheduled for 4 to 645. A conflict in the teacher schedule had the class pushed back to 6 to 845. I learned back in my senior year of high school, that I never wanted to go to work and a class in the same day. And for the most part it has been one of the best decisions as far as my education goes. But when I notified two others that the class had been pushed back, one left and may come back; she was upset that the class would run so late. Another got mad and left because of work later tonight. I believe the flavor was "Well screw that, I have to work."

There are some benefits and some down falls to having people that I know in a class.
The benefits are rides after class and study partners when the information gets think. Downfalls, their are so many people that I know that are going to be in this class, that the personae that I have build will meet and clash, in their perception of me anyway. I am not complete sure of why or how I do it but, when in situations with certain people, I make a persona to fit the occasion. The actual realization of this just happened in the form of an epiphany while trying to best convey what the downfalls of having many people, that know me otherwise, in the same class. Being that this class is Introduction to Psychology, I may just find out what it is that I am doing with this whole personification thing.

Prior to starting this post I sat down with a fellow student and spread Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog once again. I enjoy watching it, and now that I have seen it a few times I like to gauge what certain people think is funny. I have yet to find a person that thought it was horrible, so it may be worth a look. Written and Produced By Joss Whendon and starring Neil Patrick Harris. The protagonist is an up-and-coming super villain, Dr. Horrible, and the antagonist is Captain Hammer: Corporate Tool, played by Nathan Fillion (The actor that played Malcolm Reynolds in Joss Whendon's Firefly series.) Felicia Day creates the classic love triangle...

Well it is off to the races (Time for class)

-NK

No comments: